Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm starting to get some feedback on the most recent issue of Kaleidotrope, and I think contributor Bill Ward's comments might be my favorite so far:
I’ve just read through my contributor’s copy of the fourth issue of Kaleidotrope and the magazine continues to impress. There’s a healthy dose of surreal scifi and cross-genre slipstream shorts between the covers, and a variety of poetry and prose poems. But it’s the quirky humor of Fred Coppersmith that really comes through in his magazine and makes it different than a lot of other small press cross-genre ‘zines, which take themselves far too seriously. Kaleidotrope, with its eclectic stories and articles (the standout here is a history of the ‘fembot’ in popular culture) and weird little vignettes like faux horoscopes and ironic photography, is a magazine that isn’t scared to have some fun.
Bill's fun short story, "The Three Wishes of Miles Vander," appears in the issue, on sale now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really dig the photography & illustrations!